Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Did you vote?

I can't ever understand it when people don't vote.  Some say it's because there isn't anyone "good" to vote for, others I believe are just plain lazy.  They don’t want to take the time to go to the polling place and fill out a ballot.  Why???  We are privileged to be living in a country that allows us to have a say in the way our government is run.  Why wouldn't you want to give your opinion?  The first time I was old enough to vote I was excited about it.  I felt like I had a say in what was eventually going to affect me.  There have been times, especially during non-presidential elections where I didn't really know a lot about candidates and I felt like it didn't affect me, but then I did some research and picked the best candidate for me.  Whether you believe it or not, every vote counts.  Besides, if you don't vote you can't complain about how the system is run. 

Go here and vote in my poll:  http://snappoll.com/poll/347286.php      

2 comments:

  1. When I try to vote I get a message stating "You cannot vote repeatedly." Don't know if anyone else has that issue, but yes I did vote and I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for trying...not sure what's going on.

    ReplyDelete