Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What was she thinking???

I was watching the Today Show this morning and heard about a woman in Vancouver, WA who intentionally burned her face with acid and then blamed it on someone else.  While listening to this story unfolded on the TV, I'm sitting there perplexed at the thought of someone not only inflicting that kind of pain on themselves, but also then trying to pass the blame onto someone else.  It is crazy to me to think that someone would do that.  She reportedly wiped drain cleaner on her face several times and then reported that someone had thrown acid at her.  She kept the lie going as the community rallied around her and donated money toward her medical bills.  The town collected around $30,000 on her behalf.  I have to wonder if she did this all just to get money.  I think there are a lot of generous people out there and if they hear stories like this then they are going to be less likely to give to other causes that they hear of in fear of being ripped off.  This women in Washington obviously has some mental/emotional issues that she is struggling with.  It makes me angry when I hear stories like this.  What do you think?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/39284575#39284575

No comments:

Post a Comment